If you’ve ever used an essential oil during yoga, you know what a difference it makes. Perhaps the scent of lavender deepens your relaxation in savasana. Or, you begin your yoga practice by inhaling peppermint to energize you. But, did you know that essential oils can enhance your yoga practice even after “Namaste”?
From the practical (like cleaning a yoga mat) to the spiritual, Aura Cacia aromatherapist and yogi Charlynn Avery describes many ways that essential oils are important to a serious yoga practice in her blog posts for Alignyo, an online yoga hub.
Catch up on Charlynn’s top yoga posts below, and be sure to subscribe or “like” Aura Cacia on Facebook for future posts!
- Aromatherapy and yoga: Learn how essential oils affect your mind, body and spirit during yoga.
- Essential oils for meditation: Discover how essential oils help form strong associations of grace that we can then invoke more readily in less-than-graceful times when we experience the aromas again.
- How to create a calming space in your home: Use essential oils to transform your home into a peaceful retreat.
- Easing muscles with essential oils: Find out how to use essential oils to soothe your muscles after a challenging practice.
- DIY yoga mat cleaner: Keep your yoga mat clean with a simple essential oil spray.
- Freshen up after yoga with a homemade essential oil spray: Make a signature scent to counter odor after a sweaty class.
How do you make essential oils part of your yoga practice?