By Katie Shatzer
The internet is full of answers to life’s questions. Some have clear answers: “What’s the weather going to be today?” (Cold and rainy, if you spent April in the Midwest.) Others are much more complex: “Is organic better for my family?”
We certainly don’t have all the answers (not even close!), but to help you out, we have answers for five everyday questions in this month’s webfinds:
1. Is organic better? A middle school student took on this question after she witnessed her parents debating the topic. She worked with researchers at a local university to design an experiment that shows organic is better — for fruit flies, at least.
2. How can I reduce waste? To celebrate Earth Month, the Bulk is Green Council (of which Frontier is a part) raised awareness of how you can reduce packaging waste by simply buying certain items in bulk.
3. How can I make my work day more pleasant? This month, our Aura Cacia Aromatherapy brand launched a new website devoted to helping you Choose Calm in everyday situations, including your workplace. Check out the essential oil quick tips and recipes, and enter for your chance to win a trip for two to the Wanderlust Festival.
4. How can I get my kids to eat healthier? For one young girl, the answer was learning how to cook. In her TedxKids@BC talk, 10-year-old Hallie Thomas inspired us to spend time in the kitchen with kids, reminding us that “learning to cook is the most direct way to good health.”
5. What should I get my mom for Mother’s Day? For those who plan ahead, Buzzfeed offered us 22 ideas for gifts for stressed-out moms. While perfect for Mother’s Day, we think these DIY projects are a good gift idea for anyone, anytime!
About the author: Katie coordinates social media for Frontier, Simply Organic and Aura Cacia — which means her head is usually spinning with Web content ideas and her iPhone rarely leaves her sight. When she’s not giggling at the latest memes or researching social media trends, Katie loves to run, read multiple books at once, and experiment in the kitchen.