By Katie Staab
The best way to judge a recipe is to try it. Every year, we develop dozens of recipes to help you find new, interesting ways to use spices in your cooking. If your 2014 resolution is to cook more at home, then this list is a great place to start!
Facebook: Our Facebook fans have spoken! Based on a show of “likes,” these were the biggest hits on Facebook this year.
- Smoked Salmon Bruschetta
- Vegan Butternut Squash Soup with Garam Masala (watch our how-to video with Chef Kurt Michael Friese)
- Spaghetti Squash Lasagna
- White Cheddar Quinoa Cups
Pinterest: You re-pinned and we listened. These are the most re-pinned recipes of 2013.
- Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
- Blackened Shrimp Skewers
- Sweet Orange Baked Salmon
- Dia de Los Muertos Hot Cocoa
- Sweet Stuffed Acorn Squash with Apples, Nuts and Cranberries
- Baked Sweet Potato Fries
Staff Picks: The list wouldn’t be complete without a few of our own favorites! After a year of dreaming up and testing recipes (often making them for our families!), these are a few that stand out in our minds.
- Oven-Roasted Cauliflower Bites
- Colorado Sauce
- Smoked Gouda Lobster Macaroni and Cheese
- Vegan “Tuna” Salad
- Bloody Eyeball (Spicy Bloody Mary)
What was the best recipe you tried this year? Share the link below!
About the author: Katie coordinates social media for Frontier, Simply Organic and Aura Cacia — which means her head is usually spinning with Web content ideas and her iPhone rarely leaves her sight. When she’s not giggling at the latest memes or researching social media trends, Katie loves to run, read multiple books at once, and experiment in the kitchen.